What personal information does Pick Property collect and hold?
Pick Property may collect any of the following information from you, depending on the service(s) we provide to you. This may include:
- your name;
- residential or business address;
- contact phone numbers;
- email address;
- employment details;
- insurance details;
- property ownership details;
- banking and credit card details;
- credit related information;
- employment and personal references;
- driver’s licence, passport and/or other forms of identification;
- any other personal information relevant to the service we are providing to you.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information in various ways, this includes;
- directly from you;
- by contracting with us;
- through your access or use of our Website;
- when you send letters, phone, fax or email us;
- when you request information or material from us;
- by completing our surveys or providing feedback;
- when you enter into a competition or promotion with us;
- during correspondence between you and our employees or representatives;
Pick Property may also gather information about you from third party sources including but not limited to the National Tenancy Database (NTD) operated through Veda Advantage Information Services and Solutions Limited (Veda), various databases in the public domain such as Telstra White Pages, Titles Office or other property databases, your representatives (solicitor, conveyancer, accountant, financial adviser), your employer, law enforcement agencies and other government entities, referrals and recommendations from existing clients of Pick Property and publicly available sources of information or any other organisation where you have given your consent.
Dealing with Pick Property anonymously
You have the option of not identifying yourself when dealing with Pick Property unless by law you are required to do so, or it is impracticable not to. If you are working with or on behalf of a property owner (for example), you will be required to provide Pick Property with personal information so we can perform our duties as Property Advocates.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information we require, we may not be able to provide you with the level of service we would like or at all. This might also limit opportunities for us to provide you with information about some of our services that could be of benefit to you. It may also prove difficult to tailor our Website and Services to your preference, in order to create a better service for you.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the level of service we aim to deliver.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to assess the performance and/or improve the operation of our Website;
- to conduct business functions which includes providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, service providers, contractors, or other third parties;
- for administration purposes, advertising and direct marketing, survey and research purposes, product or service development, planning and quality control of Pick Property, its related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers;
- for any communications as requested by you or to provide products and services to you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about our existing and/or new products or services;
- to provide you with access to our Website including protected areas;
- to provide any updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to maintain our records and keep your contact details current;
- for identity verification purposes and any tenancy related matters;
- to process and respond to any concern or a complaint raised by you; and
- to comply with any laws, rules, regulations and any lawful and binding rulings, decision or direction given by any governmental authority of any country.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
Pick Property may disclose your personal information to:
- our related bodies corporate, employees, real estate agents/consultants, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our Website or business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, conveyancers, business advisors and consultants, and
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships or conduct business with, for marketing, business and related purposes.
Pick Property may also use or disclose your personal information it collects for any other reason specified to you at the time of collection. If we wish to use or disclose your personal information in any other way other than as described above, we will not do so unless we have your consent to do so or if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health or if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is required by law or to enforce the law.
Do you disclose personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above but this is unlikely. Pick Property take reasonable steps to ensure that if any overseas recipients use your personal information, they do so appropriately. In any event, by providing your details, you consent to your information being disclosed by Pick Property in this manner.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we feel you may be interested in. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, If at any time you wish to change your preference regarding the direct marketing information you receive or you wish to opt-out of receiving our marketing communications, contact us (see the details below) or use the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
How do I access or correct my personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting Pick Property on the details below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it.
We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our administration or other reasonable costs when providing you with the information. If a fee is payable, we will inform you of the fee during correspondence. We do not charge for simply making the request and do not charge for making any corrections you make to your personal information.
We may not always be able to provide access to information. We may not give access to information if;
- in our opinion providing you access may create a serious threat to the life or health of any individual; or
- access may be an unreasonable intrusion into the privacy of another individual; or
- where providing access would be unlawful; or
- access may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity; or
- access may prejudice enforcement of law; or
- denying access is specifically authorised by law.
To obtain access to your personal information you will have to provide Pick Property with proof of identity to ensure that any personal information provided is only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected and not compromised in any way. Pick Property requests that you be reasonably clear and specific about the information you require.
If you believe that personal information Pick Property has regarding you is incorrect, incomplete or not accurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, we may make notes to the personal information stating information regarding this.
Pick Property will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 28 days of receiving your request. If we refuse your request to access or correct your personal information, we will provide you with information regarding the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. Pick Property will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and the needs of Pick Property.
Due to the inherent risks associated with the storage and/or transmission of information (particularly with the internet) any personal or other information supplied or transmitted to us is at your own risk as it cannot be 100% guaranteed to be secure.
Pick Property have strict policies and procedures for those granted with access or use of information. We take reasonable steps to maintain and protect the privacy of information from unauthorised access, manipulation or improper use.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Post: PO Box 3079 Mentone East VIC 3194