Should I get contents insurance for my personal items?

We advise that as a tenant you should definitely take out your own contents insurance when renting a property.

Renter’s or tenant insurance is a form of contents cover designed for people living in rented properties. It may protect you against financial loss from specific risks such as fire or burglary, or against accidental loss or damage.

Shop around, it may be cheaper than you think and its best to be covered.